£30-40k dependent on experience & quarterly bonus
Referrals: If you know anyone who might be a good fit for this position, please let us know! If you refer a friend who ends up joining Claimer, we'll give you £1,000.
Got a nose for numbers and an eye for detail? Are you interested in joining a well funded startup with genuine hypergrowth potential, bringing tech to a market stuck in the dark ages? If so, read on...
Reporting directly to our R&D Claims Director, you’ll work with Claimer’s customers on their finances to get them ready to file with HMRC.
The role is varied, but you’ll spend a lot of time speaking with startup founders, getting to grips with the details of the latest breakthroughs, analysing R&D expenditure, and helping the product team increase the efficiency of the claims process.
We don’t operate like a traditional consultancy - we’re building technology to remove as much of the routine work from the claim process as possible. We’re looking for someone who is interested in working with our Product team to help us do that, alongside claims preparation.
🏛🚀 About Claimer
We believe that discovering and applying for government incentives should be quick and easy.
Claimer’s vision is to accelerate innovation globally by reinventing access to government incentives. Our goal is to make it easy for innovative companies to access the tens of billions set aside by governments globally, abstracting away the complex rules and requirements. Our first product makes claiming UK R&D tax credits a breeze.
After launching our initial product 2 years ago, we’ve helped 400+ startups get £16 million back in relief with zero investment in marketing. But we’re only just getting warmed up.
Well-funded and backed by some of the leading investors in Europe, we’re now poised to scale in the UK and beyond in 2022.
At the core of everything we do is people (see our values), doing our very best to make Claimer an amazing place to work and providing our customers with an exception service and hassle-free product experience.
- Optimising claim costs with Claimer’s wide variety of SME clients including some of the most innovative startups in the UK
- Advising clients on what costs qualify for the R&D scheme
- Preparing tax computations and tax returns - and helping us automate this process!
- Undertaking relevant accounts checks - and helping us automate this process!
- Submitting R&D claims to HMRC - and helping us automate this process!
- Working with our product team to help drive efficiency in claim preparation
- Optional: getting involved in writing reports for R&D tax claims for software companies
👩💻 What we're looking for
- 6 months -2 years experience in a pure R&D tax role
- Basic corporation tax knowledge and experience, including preparing corporation tax computations
- Excellent attention to detail and an aptitude for numbers
- Strong organisational skills, effectively managing multiple clients simultaneously
- Pro-active, a self-starter and quick to learn, familiar with the CIRD
- Ability to review company accounts as well as Xero or other accounting systems to identify potential R&D qualifying costs
- Problem-solving skills and someone that always strives to be more efficient
- Strong written and spoken English
- Bonus: experience or interest in writing reports for R&D tax claims, particularly in the software engineering field
- £30-40k dependant on experience, with a quarterly bonus
- Autonomy and responsibility. Work from wherever you want (up to +/- 3 hour timezone from the UK)
- 36 days annual leave (28 days + 8 bank holidays)
- A brand new Macbook + the set up you need to do your job well
- Contributory pension
- Perks scheme (discounts and rewards with 30,000+ brands)
- Team lunches every month, fun team gathering every quarter
📅 Process and target timelines
We use screener questions rather than CVs in our initial stages - we realise this is a bit more work for you but we do this to reduce the potential for bias in our hiring, so we think it's worthwhile. They will be blind marked by two team members, and used to determine who is invited to an interview. CVs will be used to prompt discussion in final interviews.
We’re assessing for this role on a rolling basis, so we can aim to complete this process within 2 weeks.
Task (30-60 mins)
❓Questions about this role?
Email us at email@example.com with the role and your question - we’ll update this page with answers to questions we get asked so that everyone has the same information.
🤩 Ready to join us?
Apply here !