£40k - £55k (negotiable on experience)
Referrals: If you know anyone who might be a good fit for this position, please let us know! If you refer a friend who ends up joining Claimer, we'll give you £1,000.
🏛🚀 About Claimer
We believe that discovering and applying for government incentives should be quick and easy.
Claimer is a tech company with a vision of being the interface between SMEs and government incentives, matchmaking businesses with incentives, and providing a hassle-free way to claim them. Our first product makes claiming UK R&D tax credits a breeze.
With a minimum viable product in hand, we've spent the last 18 months flying under the radar and learning all we can about the R&D tax relief space. In this time we've filed more than 400 claims, recovering millions of pounds of relief for startups, and used the learnings to build the technology that will power our vision - which goes live in July.
At the core of everything we do is people (see our values below), and so we go to great lengths to provide exceptional customer service and a hassle-free product experience.
Claimer is growing fast, backed by some of the best investors in Europe, but we need your help.
We already have some amazingly talented people in the team, but we still have some more positions to fill for the next chapter of the company's growth journey.
✍️ The role
As the second product hire you will create, support and iterate the product used by our Claims team. Working closely with the senior product manager, engineers, tax specialists, and the sales team, you’ll streamline our operations and user support with an obsessively user-first mindset.
You’ll be responsible for understanding the needs of our customer success and tax teams, translating them into innovative products that deliver them value, which in turn improves our customer experience, and accelerates the company’s growth. You'll deliver value to our customers by speeding up the time it takes to process applications.
You’ll be detail-oriented, but able to see the bigger picture; data-driven, but creative in your approach to solving problems. You’ll have an excellent track record of delivering products from inception to deployment within fast-moving organisations.
👩💻 What we're looking for
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a software product team (ideally in a rapid-growth B2B early stage startup, but it's not essential)
- Great analytical skills and familiar with setting, monitoring and reporting on performance metrics
- Can design operational processes and overcome constraints to run and maintain products throughout their lifecycle
- A good understanding of rapid application development methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Scrum or Shape Up)
- Experience working with data scientist or data models, and a proven ability to draw out the minimum viable product
- An eye for good UI design, with a good knowledge of UX design, and an ability to facilitate design workshops
💪 You should apply if:
- You are incredibly organised, with an eye for detail
- You're a fast learner and strive to learn new skills and experience at a rapid pace
- You are enthusiastic about working in a startup and believe the vision is exciting (read about why our senior product manager is hyped about Claimer)
- You believe in a people-first approach and consider self-improvement, happiness, diversity and inclusion to be vitally important
- Autonomy and responsibility. Work from wherever you want - forever (UTC +/- 3 hours max)
- A powerful work laptop (PC or Mac) + the set up you need to do your job well
- Unlimited paid holiday (we have a minimum not a maximum number of days!)
- Contributory pension
- Perks scheme (discounts and rewards with 30,000+ brands)
- Team lunches every month, fun team gathering every quarter
🤩 Ready to join us?
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with: - Which role you are applying for - What your superpower is - LinkedIn profile (or CV) - A few lines (or maybe a Loom vid) on why you're excited about Claimer