😍 The opportunity
Do you love writing? Do you love startups? Do you love publishing content that makes a real impact in the world?
The opportunity that lies before you is helping to produce and execute one of the most innovative content strategy plans in B2B startupdom, mainly through well-researched and long-form articles.
That doesn’t mean writing the usual boring B2B blog posts and industry studies that nobody except Googlebot reads. *Yawn*. It means producing content that really ‘pops’. It’ll feel editorial, not advertorial in nature.
Frankly, we don’t really know what that looks like yet. Figuring that out with us is part of the challenge!
The one thing we do know is the content you’ll produce will be focused on the startup industry. Your objective is to write content that deeply resonates with our target customers, who are the founders and leaders of startup companies.
🏛🚀 About Claimer
We believe that discovering and applying for government incentives should be quick and easy.
Claimer’s vision is to accelerate innovation globally by reinventing access to government incentives. Our goal is to make it easy for innovative companies to access the tens of billions set aside by governments globally, abstracting away the complex rules and requirements. Our first product makes claiming UK R&D tax credits a breeze.
After launching our initial product 2 years ago, we’ve helped 400+ startups get £16m back in relief with zero investment in marketing. But we’re only just getting warmed up.
Well funded and backed by some of the leading investors in Europe, we’re now poised to scale in the UK and beyond in 2022.
At the core of everything we do is people (see our values), doing our very best to make Claimer an amazing place to work and providing our customers with an exception service and hassle-free product experience.
🖊️ The role
Claimer is looking for a passionate and entrepreneurially minded Editor.
In this high-visibility role, you will be working with our growth team to produce and scale content distribution within the UK startup ecosystem and beyond.
You will help map out and execute the content roadmap, using a build-measure-learn loop to produce content that deeply resonates with our target audience
That means brainstorming, researching, investigating, writing, publishing, and hustling for distribution. Plus, everything in between. The works!
- Help iterate Claimer’s content strategy to a winning formula
- Produce content that ‘pops’ with startup founders and leadership teams - long-form ‘journalistic style’ articles
- Help Claimer become a ‘household name’ within the startup ecosystem
- Help founders navigate their startup journey through amazing content
💪 You should apply if
- Your mind is a fountain of creativity and incessantly inquisitive
- You have an ability to identify why some content deeply resonates whilst others fall flat
- You understand the dynamics of irresistible-looking content, virality, and the economics of content distribution
- You have a keen eye to pick out nuanced themes from a broader subject that click
- You like the idea of hustling to increase distribution
- You have a track record of producing engaging content, whether professionally or personally
- You have excellent spoken and written English
- You are enthusiastic about working in a startup and believe the vision is exciting
- Salary: £30,000 - £45,000
- Valuable share options and annual bonus
- Autonomy and responsibility. Work from wherever you want (up to +/- 3 hour timezone from the UK, as long as you maintain UK tax residency)
- A brand new Macbook + the set up you need to do your job well
- 36 days annual leave
- Contributory pension
- Team lunches every month, fun team gathering every quarter