Location: fully remote, in-office, or a mix / Competitive pay
Referrals: If you know anyone who might be a good fit for this position, please let us know! If you refer a friend who ends up joining Claimer, we'll give you £1,000.
🏛🚀 About Claimer
We believe that discovering and applying for government incentives should be quick and easy.
Claimer is a London-based tech company with a vision of being the interface between SMEs and government incentives, matchmaking businesses with incentives, and providing a hassle-free way to claim them. Our first product makes claiming UK R&D tax credits a breeze.
With a minimum viable product in hand, we've spent the last 18 months flying under the radar and learning all we can about the R&D tax relief space. In this time we've filed more than 400 claims, recovering millions of pounds of relief for startups, and used the learnings to build the technology that will power our vision - which went live in July.
At the core of everything we do is people (see our values), and so we go to great lengths to provide exceptional customer service and a hassle-free product experience.
Claimer is growing fast, backed by some of the best investors in Europe, but we need your help.
We already have some amazingly talented people in the team, but we still have some more positions to fill for the next chapter of the company's growth journey.
✍️ The role
We’re looking for someone to join our growing R&D claims team as a Software Consultant.
To claim R&D tax relief, companies need to showcase, through a technical report, the technological or scientific advances they sought to achieve. As a Software Consultant, you will work with clients seeking advances in the broader fields of software engineering and computer science to prepare these technical reports. These clients are typically UK-based start-ups, working on cutting edge projects ranging from the development of new machine learning models to the performance optimisation of video games and virtual reality environments.
Your primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Assessing the clients' activities, as collected through Claimer's application, to determine whether they qualify as eligible R&D.
- Working with the clients' CTOs, Tech Leads and Senior Developers to identify further eligible activities and collect additional technical information.
- Assist clients by handling and questions they may have around the scheme and how their work fits into it, as well as guiding them through Claimer's platform.
- Writing technical reports that are aligned with the scheme's guidelines, technologically rigorous and effective in explaining the R&D activities within their broader research context.
- Identify sources of inefficiency, errors and bugs in Claimer’s processes, material and tools and, when possible, suggest potential improvements.
After an initial training period, you will be compensated based on how many, how large and how challenging the claims you take on are. This means that you will have full control of how many claims you work on at any given time, when you work and from where you work. Alternatively, if you feel you really enjoy working with us and want to commit full-time, we will be more than happy to proceed with a traditional, full-time role, whether remotely from your location or from our offices in London.
👩💻 What we're looking for
- You have excellent knowledge in the field of software engineering, or closely related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields. This could be through formal education, industry experience or even self-tuition.
- You have excellent written English (Native or C2 Proficiency) and, ideally, experience in technical writing, including in an academic, industry or open-source context.
- You are detail orientated and capable of learning fast and working autonomously.
💪 You should apply if:
- You have a passion for innovation and want to get exposure to a wide range of cutting-edge projects and technologies.
- You want to have a source of income while pursuing your dreams, side-projects or academic career, while travelling the world, or while spending more time with your loved ones.
- You want to be autonomous and responsible for your own work. Work as much as you want, from wherever you want (up to +/- 3 hour timezone from the UK).
- You believe in a people-first approach and consider self-improvement, efficiency, inclusion, and collaboration to be vitally important to productivity and happiness.
🤩 Ready to join us?
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com with: - Which role you are applying for - What your superpower is - LinkedIn profile (or CV) - A few lines (or maybe a Loom vid) on why you're excited about Claimer