Referrals: If you know anyone who might be a good fit for this position, please let us know! If you refer a friend who ends up joining Claimer, we'll give you £1,000.
🏛🚀 About Claimer
We believe that discovering and applying for government incentives should be quick and easy.
Claimer is a tech company with a vision of being the interface between SMEs and government incentives, matchmaking businesses with incentives, and providing a hassle-free way to claim them. Our first product makes claiming UK R&D tax credits a breeze.
With a minimum viable product in hand, we've spent the last 18 months flying under the radar and learning all we can about the R&D tax relief space. In this time we've filed more than 400 claims, recovering millions of pounds of relief for startups, and used the learnings to build the technology that will power our vision - which went live in July.
At the core of everything we do is people (see our values), and so we go to great lengths to provide exceptional customer service and a hassle-free product experience.
Claimer is growing fast, backed by some of the best investors in Europe, but we need your help.
We already have some amazingly talented people in the team, but we still have some more positions to fill for the next chapter of the company's growth journey.
✍️ The role
We’re looking for someone to join our growing R&D claims team as a software technical specialist. The role is split between two primary duties (note the portions of time will be flexible based on what we find to be most efficient):
Handling R&D claims (~60%)
Claims handling responsibilities include assessing technical information via the Claimer application, communicating with technical teams of startups, and producing R&D technical reports.
In addition to this, the role will involve collaborating and knowledge sharing with other technical specialists in the team, as well as representing Claimer at workshops, talks, and events.
Claims process improvements (~40%)
In this portion of time, the tech specialist team will be given the flexibility to research & develop new internal tooling and processes that increase the efficiency of claims handling.
This will involve rapidly researching, analysing, and prototyping solutions in an iterative way. For successful prototypes (once they are validating them in a production context i.e. using real customer claims/data), they will be passed to the product team for further development and integration into the core Claimer product.
👩💻 What we're looking for
- You have excellent knowledge in the field of software engineering. This could be through self-tuition, commercial experience, or formal education.
- BONUS: You have experience in writing reports for R&D tax relief claims
- You are detail orientated with excellent communication skills
- You are a fast learner and looking to join a high growth startup, able to excel in a fast paced environment
💪 You should apply if:
- You have a passion for innovation
- You have excellent written English
- You enjoy passionately working towards a goal with a close-knit team you respect and care about
- You are enthusiastic about working in a startup and believe the vision is exciting
- You believe in a people-first approach and consider self-improvement, efficiency, diversity, and collaboration to be vitally important to productivity and happiness
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Autonomy and responsibility. Work from wherever you want (up to +/- 3 hour timezone from the UK)
- A powerful work laptop (PC or Mac) + the set up you need to do your job well
- Unlimited paid holiday (we have a minimum not a maximum number of days!)
- Contributory pension
- Perks scheme (discounts and rewards with 30,000+ brands)
- Team lunches every month, fun team gathering every quarter
🤩 Ready to join us?
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com with: - Which role you are applying for - What your superpower is - LinkedIn profile (or CV) - A few lines (or maybe a Loom vid) on why you're excited about Claimer